Monday, March 1, 2010

Rain Rain, Go Away, Come Again Some Other Day

Yes, it is cold and rainy today. Trust me, I am well aware. But I didn't let the bad weather ruin my run/walk and hopefully you won't either! In fact, once I bundled up the cool weather actually made for nice exercise conditions. But if you're not a rain loving person, you can always exercise inside. Call a local gym or the Texas Tech Rec Center for a day rate. Or, you can always do 30 minutes of cardio workout right in your own home (jump roping, jumping jacks, a home workout video, etc.)

 If you're using the training schedule CASA found, here is what you should be doing this week:

WEEK 2:
Today: Run/walk 30 minutes
Tuesday: Walk 30 minutes
Wednesday: Run/walk 30 minutes
Thursday: Walk 30 minutes
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Run/walk 3.5 miles
Sunday: Rest/walk

On run/walk days, walkers walk only. Runners, run 15 seconds, then walk 45 seconds.

I'm sure Mother Nature is just getting rid of all of the bad weather now, so on April 10th there will be nothing but blue skies and sun. So hang in there, I'm sure you're doing great!

Don't forget to sign-up for the Tech THETA "Speak Up for Kids" CASA 5K today!

No comments:

Post a Comment