Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Come Support CASA and Texas Tech Basketball at the Same Time

The wonderful ladies of Theta will be at the Texas Tech men's basketball game this evening to help people sign-up for the Tech THETA "Speak Up for Kids" CASA 5K. The Raiders will be taking on the Baylor Bears at 8 p.m. at the United Spirit Arena. Be sure to get there early so you can stop by the Theta table to sign-up before heading to your seat to cheer the Red Raiders on to victory!

All of you out there using the training schedule that CASA found, here is what you should be doing today and tomorrow:

Today: Walk 30 minutes
Tomorrow: Run/Walk 30 minutes (Walkers, walk only. Runners, run for 15 seconds, walk for 45 seconds)

Hopefully you are not getting too wary of this exercise routine yet, but for those of you who are, here is a little tip: find a committed partner to exercise with. It is much harder to skip a walking or running session whenever you have someone else depending on you!

For example, my roommate and my dog are my two running companions. She is the most committed training partner out there. Since I started training, she has woken me up every morning at 7 a.m. with her leash in her mouth and her tail wagging. I'm describing my dog, not my roommate of course! Talk about committment!

1 comment:

  1. I really must get a dog!! Thanks for the inspirational posts. I definitely need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete