Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Get Involved With Our 5k!

I hope your first day of training for the Tech THETA "Speak Up For Kids" CASA 5k was as successful as mine. I'll admit, the last 10 minutes were pretty rough, but after I was done I felt great! And even though there's snow on the ground, I'm looking forward to my training session today.  In fact, as soon as I'm done with work I plan on bundling up with lots of layers to go walk outside. For those of you who aren't as fond of cold weather, there are still ways to complete your 30- minute walk. I know the Texas Tech Rec Center has great facilities and good price rates, so that you can walk on a treadmill or an indoor track. Or, just do 30 minutes of cardio excercise. For example, you could jump rope, do jumping jacks or swim.

Don't be discouraged if you missed yesterday's scheduled walk/run, just pick up today or whenever you are able!

If you're following the training schedule that CASA found, today you are scheduled to:

WALK FOR 30 MINUTES

Tomorrow, you are scheduled to:

RUN/WALK FOR 30 MINUTES
Runners, run for 15 seconds, walk for 45 seconds.
Walkers, walk for 30 minutes.

If you aren't able to run or walk in our 5k, there are still way for you to get involved. Consider helping out by donating a $20 scholarship so that a CASA kid can participate in this event. This is a great opportunity for CASA kids to participate in something that promotes positive physical activity. Running can also, be a wonderful way for our CASA kids to relieve the stress and turmoil they are experiencing as they wait for their forever home, so think about donating today!

No comments:

Post a Comment